I was recently invited on the Complementary Angles podcast to share about numberless word problems. Over the course of an hour we talked about:
- The research that supports the use of numberless word problems
- How numberless word problems empower all learners in working with problem situations
- Advice for teachers implementing numberless word problems for the first time as well as advice for veteran users
- How numberless word problems have evolved over time
- How numberless word problems can be used in remote learning environments
That’s a lot of ground to cover, so they broke up the interview into two episodes. Check them out below.
If you have any advice for teachers using numberless word problems, particularly if you’ve been using them during remote learning, share them in the comments and/or tweet them using the hashtag #numberlesswp. We’re all better together!
Thank you to the ESC Region 11 Math team Faith Schwope, Michelle Green, and David Henson for inviting me to be on the podcast!